Dear Funeral Directors,
In response to your feedback stating submission of NCA Forms via fax and mail can be frustrating, the National Cemetery Administration partnered with the Veterans Benefits Administration to allow submitting claims and supporting documents online. Applicants may now use the direct upload tool through AccessVA to submit forms for memorial benefits.
What is Direct Upload?
Direct Upload is an online tool that provides the most convenient, secure, and safest way for Veterans and their family members to submit claims and evidence to NCA electronically.
What to submit to NCA via Direct Upload?
- VA Form 40-1330 Claim for Standard Government Headstone or Marker
- VA Form 40-1330M Claim for Government Medallion for Placement in Private Cemetery
- VA Form 40-0247 Presidential Memorial Certificate Request Form
- VA Form 40-10007 Application for Pre-Need Determination of Eligibility for Burial in a VA National Cemetery
- Death certificates
- Documents verifying service
Benefits of using Direct Upload
- Safely submit claims and evidence from any computer with an internet connection
- Cost free - avoiding mail and/or fax charges
- Submissions are tracked real time and copies are saved
How to get started
Please visit AccessVA at https://eauth.va.gov/accessva/ to submit your information using Direct Upload. You will be instructed to register during your first sign-on attempt. Select the appropriate User Type button on the User Identification screen: Veteran, Veteran Family Member, or VSO/VA Business Partner (e.g., officer, attorney, or claims agent). Once your registration is complete, you will be able to upload your documents electronically online using Direct Upload.
The National Cemetery Administration